Proverbs By Efua makes work clothes for a cause – ending Human Trafficking. It’s a brand that’s meant to inspire and make the world a better place.
I’ve learned 12 key things so far while trying to launch Proverbs By Efua. Every Wednesday, I’ll expand on each insight.
Insight 3: Where do I Start?
You have a brilliant idea. You’re pumped. You’re ready to go, but… you don’t know where to start. Here is something to chew on: Start somewhere. Anywhere. Once you start, one thing will lead to another and it will gel somehow. It will feel so random and haphazard, but it will come together in the end.
Here are some ideas in no logical order:
- Google to see if your idea exists even if you’ve done it before. Don’t let the results deter you.
- Register your business.
- Buy books.
- Tweet something…hopefully “I’m starting a business” or something like that.
- Set up a Facebook page.
- Think of a name.
- Buy a domain.
- Go to networking events.
- Hang out with other entrepreneurs.
- Buy videos.
- Tell friends.
- Take a nap and dream of something entrepreneur related.
- Check your bank account.
- Join a support group.
- Work out.
- Find a mentor.
- Don’t stop. Get it. Get it. 🙂
So you want to start your own business but… you don’t know where to start. Start somewhere.
Please feel free to leave comments.
Stay tuned next Wednesday for Insight 4: Opinions, opinions, opinions