January 11 is Human Trafficking Awareness Day.
In honor of this day, here are 5 facts about Human Trafficking:
1. Human trafficking touches every country. Your country is either a source, transit or destination country. To put an end to human trafficking, we all can play a part.
2. There are over 27 million people caught in human trafficking today. Many of us are reluctant to do anything about it because it does not directly affect us. However, human trafficking can happen to anyone. Those caught in the horrible crime are sons and daughter, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers.
3. 80% of those trafficked, are exploited sexually. Young girls, some younger than their teens, are forced to service over 40 clients a day. This is sick.
4. Only 1 in 100,000 victims ever escape on their own. This is why they need our help.
5. Among the 3 largest organized crimes in existence, drugs, arms and human trafficking, human trafficking is by far the fastest growing.
Let us not turn a blind eye to this and let us all play a part, no matter how small.
About Proverbs By Efua
Proverbs By Efua makes work clothes for a cause – ending Human Trafficking.
We aim to be the affordable, high quality, work wear choice for professionals who want to enhance their level of confidence, charisma and goodwill.
Visit us at: http://proverbsbyefua.com