Superbowl XLVIII takes place on Sunday, February 2nd 2014. It will be held at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.
Superbowl is known to be a time when human trafficking is on the increase. If you will be watching the game live at the stadium, here are 5 signs that human trafficking may be occurring around you.
- Victims seen in public exhibit excessive fear of other people
- Victims tend to avoid eye contact and seem nervous if it is made
- Victims tend not to speak for themselves and seem to be constantly represented by someone else
- Victims appear to have a lack of freedom to move about. Will hardly ever be left alone to perform tasks
- Some work in places disguised as nail salons massage parlors and even high-end hotels. The locations seem to have an imbalanced set of clientele. Eg all male and hardly any female clients
Please don’t turn a blind eye to it. Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline to report your suspicions:
About Proverbs By Efua
Proverbs By Efua makes work clothes for a cause – ending Human Trafficking.
We aim to be the affordable, high quality, work wear choice for professionals who want to enhance their level of confidence, charisma and goodwill.
Visit us at: http://proverbsbyefua.com